Thursday, July 26, 2007

Elizabeth at Three Months



I can't believe my baby is three months old!

I can't believe she is wearing the dress I bought for cousin Abigail when she was born. I was so excited to have a neice and buy dresses; I never imagined at that time I would have a baby girl in my house wearing the same dress. Surreal.

Boy, has Elizabeth changed in a month! She's happy. A lot. She laughs and coos and smile and, oh, how we are enjoying it. She still cries, but you can calm her most of the time and if you hold her all day long and not set her down you never hear a peep out of her. Yeah, she's easy that way. She definitely prefers being held to not being held and I oblige because I never want to hear the devil shreiks again. Everyone asks, "Do you ever put her down?" The answer is no, no I do not. Achy arms are a small price to pay for her happiness. If you had lived through the past three months that we have lived through, you would do the same.

Let's see....what else can Elizabeth do at three months? She can:

* kick and flap her arms to play
* move her head to follow people and objects
* grasp her hands
* hold her head up and pull her upper body up from a tummy position
* scoot just a bit by pushing with her feet while on her tummy
* blow raspberries

She sleeps much better now that she's sleeping with me. I still swaddle her every night, but she has recently starting pulling her arms out no matter how tight I wrap her. I fear the end of the swaddling is near and, well, I just don't know how she'll do without it and, frankly, I don't want to know yet. I am liking my colic free evenings, don't want to go there again.

She has lost most of her newborn hair and she no longer has that calico thing going on. What she has left is a brownish so I figure she inherited Jacob's hair as well as all his other features. She does have some funky eyelashes though....her right eyes are black and her left eyes are red and they are super long. When she cries and gets teary she looks like Tammy Faye Baker missing an eyelash.

How did a quarter of a year rush by so fast? I miss my tiny newborn, yet I am thrilled to finally get a glimpse into her real personality. Now, if I could just get a little sleep. Maybe sleeping through the night will be on her agenda as a three month goal.


11 comments:

kelly jeanie said...

Yay!! I'm the first to say she's absolutely adorable! And, you have awesome taste in dresses. So cute.

Amie said...

What a cutie! I LOVE the dress.

Lori said...

AAAAAAAAaaawwww...she is SO cute!! It's scary just *how* fast they grow up!!

I'm looking at Landon running around naked now. He has gone potty TWICE, and he told me he had to go! I can't believe it.

OH...and don't feel badly because...Colin wasn't pt'd until after he was 3! It took FOREVER! I'm still not holding my breath on Landon...but *he* seems to want to do it.

I bet Elizabeth will be potty trained early..she's a girl PLUS she has both brothers to help her.

Aimee said...

She is a doll! I want one.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh my word. She's gotten SO beautiful! I'm thrilled for you that she's happier!!! YAY!!!!

Dana said...

It's great to hear that she's happier. What a relief! I can only imagine how tired you were getting of the constant shrieking. She sure is a cutie patootie. 3 months already, I can hardly believe it! I can't believe you can still swaddle her! None of my boys EVER liked to be swaddled past their hospital stays....
It's nice to see her big smile!

Dana said...

It's great to hear that she's happier. What a relief! I can only imagine how tired you were getting of the constant shrieking. She sure is a cutie patootie. 3 months already, I can hardly believe it! I can't believe you can still swaddle her! None of my boys EVER liked to be swaddled past their hospital stays....
It's nice to see her big smile!

Crazed Nitwit said...

She can also grasp her hands together at the midline. Does she belly laugh yet? I love baby coos and giggles. Some of the best stuff in life. She is beautiful and I would hold her all day too.

Miss Hope said...

I miss sweet baby girl dresses that I got to pick out and put upon my girls. Your awesome tastes remind me of my own.

Now all I get when we go shopping is a headache when I try to explain that there is no way on this God's green earth I will buy hootchie mama skirts and tight shirts.

She just beautiful. Enjoy dressing her while you can. I'll keep a bottle of excedrin to share with you later on....

Jennifer said...

She's gorgeous!! So glad the fog has lifted!

My daughter prefers NOT to be held...makes me feel like a bad parent, but hey, if she's not crying...

kristi said...

She is just adorable! My daughter learned FAST to get out of the tightest (swaddled) blanket!