Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tuesday Tidbits

Finally, more Tuesday Tidbits. I know ya'll just couldn't live without them.

I woke up around five this morning jammed between three children. One was twisting my hair, another was playing footsie, and the baby was sucking on a b**b. The husband was in the extra bed stretched out snoring alone. He may bring home the paycheck, but I am definitely earning it.

Husband pet peeve number two: Does he think we live in a dorm? Husband has taken to washing his work clothes rather than throw them in the hamper with the rest of the laundry. Why? Because I don't wash them right. Whatever. That's fine with me and he still allows me the privelage of washing all his socks and underwear and casual clothes. Yippee. Anyway, just like a college guy he never remembers to do his clothes until Sunday evening. Just like a college guy, if I have a load in the washer or dryer, he just takes it out and stashes it on top of the dryer or on the floor and moves his load right on through. I never notice or remember this until Monday mornings when I walk in to find the rest of the clothes stinking wherever he placed them. Gee, thanks. In one dorm I lived in you had to sign up for laundry time.....I am thinking of placing a sign up sheet on the laundry room door.

I don't know what to do with my blog. Should I change the title? I mean, I still have two boys and they still drive me crazy so it's not wrong, but how do I add the girl? I haven't been able to come up with anything snappy, so if you have any suggestions feel free to shoot them this way. I am also itching to customize the look more so if you're handy like that or know someone who is, I have a job for you.

I ordered Jacob's school supplies online. It was quick and convenient and I am relieved to be able to avoid the crowds, but I am a little sad not to be doing the back-to-school hunt with him. I loved shopping for school supplies when I was a kid, maybe it's because we rarely went shopping, but I loved the smell of new crayons and pencils and the look of a nice clean lunch box. Now the stuff just shows up on his desk the first day of school, no choosing of character folders or the contest to see who has the biggest crayon box. They don't even know what they're missing.

Anybody else watching The Next Food Network Star? If so, we can discuss it. Let me know.

I got invited to a high school reunion this week. Weird thing is, it isn't my high school. It was the high school I would have attended had we not moved at the end of ninth grade. Erin won't go with me and since she's the only person I still know from there I won't be going either, but shoot, I think that might have been a good time.

My parents refer to my baby as Rachel. They don't like Elizabeth. I don't know what to think about that.

My kids are sharing a bag of peanut butter baking chips for breakfast. I guess they got tired of waiting for me. Shh...don't tell.

Sing with me.....On my first day back home, Google sent to me:
aspergers or just crazy
what color are Michael Buble's underwear
Texas women peeing on the side of the road
and chocolate syrup b**bs

Interesting.

10 comments:

Miss Hope said...

Glad you're back!

I have discovered that vacationing with young kids is not fun. At all. Because Mama ends up working any way you do it. We might venture out when they get older. Alot older. Right now? I'm all for waiting til they're grown and gone so I can finally relax!

Dana said...

It sounds like hubby just takes the wet clothes out of the machine and leaves them to do his own....NO, he wouldn't?!? Would he? If so, YUCK! Dude, where's your laundry manners? A sign up sheet with specified times may just get him to wake up where an actual talking to wouldn't. As for your parents calling Elizabeth, Rachael.....I would definitely say something! While Rachael IS a nice name, you chose Elizabeth for a reason and they need to respect your name choice. Nobody asked them to make it their new favorite but it IS, after all, their grand daughters name! Maybe you should start calling THEM by different names.....Aunt Bertha and Uncle Maynard instead of mom and dad....just an idea...have fun with it!

Nikki said...

I watch The Next Food Network Star and would love to talk about it! That whole JAG thing was crazy! I was so upset when they sent Paul home instead of him and then Amy too! I'm not quite sure what they saw in him in the first place :) What do you think? Did you vote?

Lori said...

Ummmm, yep, sign up sheet would have to happen. Either that, or I would interrupt the load and put *his* clothes on top to stink and mildew.

The name business, I would have to put a stop to it. My MIL decided she wanted to give Colin a "nickname" at his birth. I can't remember what it was right now, but it was hideous (not that Rachel is) and it ticked me off. I had Kelly put a stop to it. She didn't like it, but you know what? We named him Colin for a reason. Good luck with that. I would do what Dana suggested...call them Aunt Bertha and Uncle Luke or something, hopefully they'll get a laugh out of it, and the point.

I watch TNFNS too! I didn't vote, but can't wait to see who won. Rory gets on my nerves a bit...don't know why.

Glad to have you back girl!! :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

"Boy Crazy: Now with extra pink"

I LOVE that I don't have to school shop for their supplies. But, a word of advice if I may: Buy extra crap anyway. We get notes home from the school, around Christmas, that they are out of blah blah and need extra pencils or your kid needs another pair of scissors or whatever. And it's never as cheap as it is during the back to school sales.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Welcome back! School supplies on line? I didn't know you could do that!! I'll have to look into that one.
Your hubby: He's a typical man. Mine says his "work clothes" need to be done extra well, so he sends his to the cleaners. Costs an extra $18-$25/week, but he's happy and I'm happy so the problem has been solved.
I tagged you :)

Crazed Nitwit said...

Parents calling her Rachel? WTF? Not controlling at all, are they? I'd be pissed. Before my first was born we had chosen a name and made the mistake of telling my mom. Mom did not like the Name Keenan(I, however, even after 18 hours of labor did) and I told her to hush or I'd name the kid Zimbabwe, nickname: Bob! Got her to laugh and she left us alone after that. Yes his name is still Keenan aka BPB on my blog. Shhh it's a secret. ;)

Shane H. said...

You just crack me up! Love the Google song. :) Hum....a new name for your blog.....that will require some thinking.

Erika Jurney said...

PLEASE tell me Rachel is at least her middle name!

It is still weird an inappropriate that they don't call her by her name, but it would be even weirder if they just chose a totally different name that they liked better.

I say that you decide you've never liked their names either and start calling them something else.

Jennifer said...

What??? They don't like Elizabeth? Who doesn't like Elizabeth...there's nothing about it NOT to like. Sheesh.

And the laundry situation, my husband also decides LATE on Sundays that he needs to do a load of laundry. Why? I don't know. I always do the laundry on Mondays.