Tuesday, April 14, 2020

31

That's a whole month ya'll....

Wow.

Just wow.

I woke up today in all kinds of pain.   I have had what I thought was some kidney pain, maybe a bladder infection coming on with my lower back for a couple days.  This morning almost my entire body hurt.   It is pretty apparent I don't have a kidney infection.   It has to be that bed.    What is strange is I sleep well up there (until the neighbors wake up).    That new pad helps the bed but it is still so very hard and I apparently, in my old age, can't do a hard bed.   My sleep number is 30 and sometimes 25 so it's bad.

I am currently washing all the sheets in "my old bedroom" and may have to try again tonight.   I really, really don't want to sleep with him during this.   I still fear he is bringing it home and I social distance from him here in the house as best as I can.  

See?

Spending time together the covid way.

I have even moved to the old recliner because Derick always sits in the good one every evening.   It's cloth so probably covered in germs.  The chair probably isn't helping things.

Adam needs a hair cut and I can't figure out how to do it.  We used to have clippers but Derick sold them for a dollar in a garage sale.   Of course he did.  They are over $50 on Amazon and can't get them until May.   He is losing his mind.   He likes to look good.  His hair is pretty long.


For him.

Thank God for Marco Polo.   My friend Eve and Julie and I just send each other videos all day.   Our bad days usually don't sync so we can lift the sad one up when needed.   I Facetime my mom every day.   She sits in front of a window and the sun coming through washes her all out and I can barely see her but I can see her.   Still trying to figure out how to get them some groceries.

Elizabeth's birthday is Sunday.   It's going to be interesting.   So far we have no plans.   Imagine that.



Twelve years ago today.   

I feel so sad for all of these kids, all around the world.   So much for them to deal with and try to understand.  

Her principal called me yesterday, concerned about her lack of initiative.   She assured me that we are not alone in this situation, many children are struggling BUT if she fails she'll be doing more online school in the summer as well as forgoing electives to take "Target Language Arts" and Target Math". In other words, remedial classes.   I wanted her retained, they refuse.   I thought losing her theatre and athletics electives might be just the push she needed but she's still in bed, no work has been done.   

I just want to wake up from this bad dream.   


No comments: