Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Day 25

I think...

Well, maybe I don't have it.   My chest still hurts when I cough but the heating pad helped my back and neck and my temperature went down.   Of course I haven't gotten out of bed yet so we'll see how it goes.

Elizabeth's birthday is in nine days.   She wants to go to Gammy's for Easter for the egg hunt.   She wants to have a party at Miss Julie's with her friends.   Not going to happen.   She woke up at 6 pm yesterday and went back to bed at 9.    It's safe to assume she is depressed.  She has done no school work.   She signed up to be in Advanced Theatre and has looked forward to it since last year.   She was asked to do a video audition this week and she won't.   Eh, she'll just take art she said.   This is hard on me, I can't imagine what it is doing to them.

Like I said, it is 9:23 and I am still in bed.   What's the point?   If I stay up here I won't have to go down there and sterilize everything Derick has touched and breathed all over yesterday.  I bought many bags of chips on Sunday (delivery) and he stuck his foul hands in every single one last night and one time he even rubbed his nose with the back of his hand first.  So much for that.  Might as well write his damn name on all of them.  I will probably throw them away.


I found this in my files.

I miss those Froggy jammies.   I forgot how she always did that with her ear.   I don't know why.   She kept a pacifier until she was almost five.   Yes.  You read that correctly.   By that time she only had it in bed at night or in the car.  I was absolutely okay with it because she was my third child and it made her happy.  

In January of 2012  my mother's best friend passed away from breast cancer.   Elizabeth was four.   They had the viewing/funeral in their hometown which is about an hour and a half from us.  My sister still had her Sequoia then so we decided to all ride together for the 5 pm viewing.   So.   I was conflicted about bringing my children but they loved Mrs. Allemore and I got Derick to agree that he would help me keep them contained to the back of the room.    Of course, I grew up with most of the people there and Derick just loves talking to anyone so at some point we lost track of Elizabeth.   Then I hear her screaming...."Mrs. Allemore gots no legs"    Apparently we lost track of Jacob as well as he had held her up to look into the casket.    Whoops.   So we usher her from the front and attempt to explain and, well, she was four and got over it rather quickly.   We went back to visiting.  

After it was over we stopped to have dinner in that town and waited entirely too long for our food until it was well after 10 by the time we started driving the hour and a half home.  Elizabeth and I were in the way back of the Sequoia and, naturally, she started to doze off in her car seat but she couldn't find her pacifier.   We looked and looked and looked, no pacifier.   So I ask her, "did you bring it into the restaurant?" to which she replied, "no, but I took it to heaven"  um, what?   "you said Mrs. Allemore was in heaven...that house that is heaven"  Ahhh......I guess I didn't explain that as well as I thought.    "I knew Mrs. Allemore was asleep in heaven so I gave her the pacifier".  

To this day I wonder if they buried her with it.

That was how Elizabeth gave up the pacifiers.  



No comments: