Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Losing It

Welp, I think I have it now.

Background info:

Two years ago one of my sweet precious students coughed right in my face and I swear I felt the cold virus take hold right at that minute.   I spent 57 days in some sort of walking sick.   Three trips to urgent care, zpacs, cough medicines, inhalers, oh my.   Eventually I pulled a muscle?  I dont' know, I had chest pain due to all of the coughing and it was a while before I recovered from that.  

Last January I started having a strange feeling in my sternum, similar to the cough pain but with no coughing.   My best guess was I had started walking and an exercise video with much twisting so I assumed I did something.   For the past year this sternum pain has come and gone and according to Google I must have something called costochondritis.   Okay, I can deal with that.  Sometimes I take some tylenol if it acts up, other times I can go weeks without really feeling something.   I got to a point where I would have to cough a few times to pop my sternum each morning and I was good to go.   Weird, I know, but arthritis runs in our family and I figured, I am still getting around okay, I can make it.

This morning I woke up and my chest was hurting more than usual.   I coughed as typical and could not pop my sternum but I went back to sleep.   I woke up again and this time my back, neck, and shoulders were hurting in much the same way as my chest.   Still could not pop my chest which was becoming very disconcerting.  Still, according to google I have costochondritis and possibly some gerd backed up in there.  

I decided to take a long bath and soak these muscles but it doesn't seem to have helped.  I took my temperature earlier and I was at 99.1.   I am now at 97.9.   Maybe the bath rose my temperature?   I am going to hope.  I took some tylenol although I have been hoarding the little bit of tylenol I have just in case.   I was finally able to find some exercises online to finally pop my sternum but the chest pain is still there.   I currently have the heating pad on my back. I am still coughing from last week.   Grass pollen is high, it could be that, or dum-dum-dum.....ugh.  

Now.  I have hypothyroidism and sometimes high blood pressure (no medications) and GERD.  Are those serious underlying conditions?  I don't know.  Nevertheless I am concerned about today's developments.   Also, when I start feeling like this I don't understand how we will ever be able to go back to life as we used to know it.   Wouldn't we just start spreading it again once we are let loose?  

I started knitting again.  Maybe that is causing the back pain, I don't have the best posture.   Could be that awful bed.   Boy I really want my Sleep Number bed back.  I wonder if I should find a drive thru testing facility?   Or maybe I should just have a drink?

These are not good times for people with health anxiety.   No sir.  

No comments: