Friday, January 26, 2007

Adam at Two


See, even at two weeks he was a happy, smiley baby!


Oh Adam, the things you can do at two!



You are a climber. I always knew you would be, with those monkey toes and all, but I never realized how hard it would be to keep you out of things. I put your ride away, you used the chairs. I put the chairs in the garage, you attempted to scoot the recliner to your destination. I found you on the counter more times than I could count and couldn't figure out how you got there until I caught you scaling the refrigerator, gripping with those toes, until you could swing your leg up. It was truly a feat. I cannot leave you alone for two minutes, it's as simple as that.



You are a great communicator, yet you say few words. You have a way of making us understand your every want, need, and story through signs, grunts, and gestures. It is truly amazing how you get your point across, but little dude, we are really anxious to hear your voice. I love when you sign "I love you", but I would love to hear it as well.



You are a good brother. I melt when you reach over to hug your brother when we pick him up from school. I feel your compassion when you sit next to him during his time-outs with your arm wrapped around him (you really do need to quit doing that). I love that when I tell him to do his chores, you go and attempt to do them for him. You have such a good relationship. I hope the new baby doesn't come between that.



You love cars and trucks and things that go. If it has wheels, then it is fun. You have quite a collection of Matchbox cars already and you line them up then play with them one by one. When brother is at school you sneak his favorite Cars movie cars and play with them too, but you amaze me how you know to put them right back before we go to get him.



At your two year appointment, you weighed 22 pounds, 9 ounces and are 32 inches long. You don't hit the chart AT ALL. You still wear size 2 diapers and we always laugh about how they say "new baby" on the package. I think your new sibling will bypass you diaperwise before long. You seem interested in using the potty, but I haven't even attempted that with you because I know the pull-ups would fall right off your skinny rump.



You love to take baths and play outside and eat bananas and strawberries and sugary goodies. You are happy and easygoing and able to find joy in most every situation. They say it's time for the terrible twos, but I have a hard time believing you could have a terrible moment. Whatever the twos bring, we are ready....ready to see all the new things you can do at three.



2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

He IS a peanut!! Happy happy birthday!

OneHungMan said...

Can't believe how tiny he is...YoungHung came out of the womb that size.

Remember all these things for later, when he's 14 and steals the car.