Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolutions

Every year I make simple resolutions, and every year I tend to forget what I even resolved to do by the end of January. This time I will write them down on the www so that everyone can see what they are and then maybe I will do a better job in keeping them.

Eat more vegetables and less meat and refined sugars
I made an effort last year, especially toward the end when told I would need a stress test and possible interventions after birth number three, but it's hard. I like fat and sweets and junk food. We are big fruit eaters, thank goodness, but the veggies are hard to spice up. I intend to try a new healthy recipe involving the wretched things once a week and, who knows, maybe I will even learn to cook with and like tofu.

I will spend more time with Jacob
He likes his alone time, but with this pregnancy came lots of sloth on my end and he was the easiest one to overlook, sad but true. We are going to have a fun outing, ala skip day without the skip, each week and we are going to spend more time playing board games and doing crafts while Adam is napping. A vacuumed floor can wait.

I will have my tubes tied
Not that I wouldn't love a fourth child, it's just my body and bank account wouldn't love it too much.

I will organize this pit of a house once and for all
We have way too much crap and not enough room to store it. I must be nesting because I am totally feeling the need to purge almost everything we own. The crew from Clean Sweep would have loads of fun here. It will take me months as I cannot stay on my feet like I once could but I intend to have at least two drawers and a little closet space for number three by the time it gets here.

I will not say (or write) another swear word
Shit, that will never happen. I resolve to do that every single year and I lose by January 3. The husband did say he felt I was cutting down though, so it's a start, maybe 2010.

I will make one effing friend if it effing kills me
We have lived here seven (agh, seven) years and I still have no one I can call on a whim and meet for lunch or just gripe about how my husband stuck me with the kids again, well, except you fine people, but you're all too far away to meet for lunch. I was attached at the hip to my old neighbor in WV and it's been hard not having just a little of that same kind of support all these years.

I (we) will move the heck out of this neighborhood
I have been dying to do this pretty much since the moving van drove off but I have been going about it all wrong. I have been relying on the husband to make the decisions, figure out the plan, etc. I am going to take the initiative and either a. find something else here in town and sell our own home or b. convince the husband that moving out of town or state is the way to go and help him figure out the logistics. It's time. It was nice to be here in a good medical town during my infertilish and preemie baby years, but since reproduction will be a thing of the past soon, we need to move on.

I will be glad more than mad
I have decided not to sweat the small stuff. So my house is a big ole honking mess and I forgot to put meat and bread out to thaw/rise, who cares. I am going to enjoy my kids every day even when they are being complete stinkers because they deserve me doing that and I will sure miss them when they grow up and move away.

I will have my tubes tied
Did I say that already?

8 comments:

Sadie said...

You are hilarious.

I love the swear word resolution.

"one effing friend..." I know what you mean. I haven't made a new friend in a long time. I think that's why I'm glomming on to this girl at work.

Lynsey said...

Wonderful resolutions! Your kids are so lucky to have you.

Shane H. said...

Those are great resolutions. Good luck with keeping them! Jacob will be so happy.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Good for you! Sounds like you are taking the bull by the horns on a few of these. I may join you in a few of those myself (although I really don't want to move).

OneHungMan said...

The swear thing...not going to happen. Some adults cuss, some don't; it's just that simple.

Try raw veggies dipped in a just a skosh of ranch dressing.

Michelle said...

great resolutions - and I can identify with quite a few of those myself! Good luck!

Lori said...

Good luck!! I'm the same way with veggies. I'm not a true fan of them. Have you tried the Bird's Eye steamfresh ones? They are frozen in a bag, and you just pop them in the microwave and they steam up in 5 minutes. SOOOoooo easy! you can spice them up after the fact if you like.

I need to work on some resolutions myself. I'm avoiding it though..there is SO much to work on! :)

Amie said...

Great resolutions! :D I really need to cut down on sugar too, I think that will be my only resolution this year.