Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Because I wanted to be fair, here are the interesting girl names and meanings I found while finishing the name book:

Aba means born on a Thursday, which this child should if it comes on the correct day.

Abilene means from a town in Texas which it will be but hopefully not for long.

Aelfwine means a friend of the elves.

Aphrah means from the house of dust.

Arusi means a girl born during the time of a wedding.....uh, yeah, won't be going to that wedding.

Eglah means resembling a heifer.

Fifi means having dancing eyes.

Gulinar means resembling the pomegranate.

Jena means our little bird.

Lishan means one who is awarded a medal.

Paige means a young assistant.


I have completed my list. I have 27 boy names and 30 girl names. Exactly the same as last time minus the two names I used for Adam. I am nowhere close to a decision and I am still waiting on husband to make his list, but I will say I am leaning toward the ones that mean "from the rocky cliff" and "a peaceful wanderer".

10 comments:

Lynsey said...

Such interesting names! We picked Ryan for a girl, actually my husband picked it. He got it from our friends babysitter who is 20 years old and gorgeous. Can't imagine why he likes the name...

I am having a hard time with boys names and trying to pin hubby down to make a serious list is impossible, as he likes to come up with funny ones. I just may end up with a boy named either Beavis or Butthead.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Um, are all of those names REAL choices or are you being silly? (good Lord, I pray that I am not offending you here... How awful would THAT be?) But I have to post this cuz I MUST know!

andria said...

No, not using those names. I just thought the meanings were funny. The lists I have are actually pretty run of the mill and boring.

OneHungMan said...

OneHung still suggests Sydney for a daughter and Samuel for a son.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Aphrah would be a good name for my daughter if I had one. My house is really dusty. I actually like Jena and Paige. Aelfwine and Eglah are just plain sad. Good luck with your real choices. I'm sure whatever you decide will be fitting.

Lori said...

My vote is the one that means, "resembling a hefer".

Go ahead and give her the complex now so it won't be a big deal later right? LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Avery for a girl....Charlie for a boy? Lynsey, Ryan for a girl is really cute. Good luck on finding great names to both you prego ladies!

Michelle said...

When Joe was looking through the baby name book he came across a name that meant "Elf Power!" I couldn't believe it and wish I could remember what it was. (Would have to dig around in boxes to find the book). I think it was very similar to Aelfine though!

Sadie said...

Resembling a pomegranate?

*snort*

Miss Hope said...

I have a Paige and it suits her perfectly. She hasn't caught any flack about being named for a part of a book.