Monday, January 22, 2007

The Last Day of One


I can't believe my baby will only be one for one more day.


Can you believe he still wears 9 month clothes and size 2 diapers? A friend passed along the size 2 diapers her 6 month old has outgrown. That's a crying shame. I am sure the 2 year ped appointment is going to be lots of fun for everyone involved.

The party went well. We had a few guests and the cake was, obviously, a big hit. I am glad I didn't go to the trouble and frustration of trying to put together a huge dump truck cake. The Target sheet cake was tasty, the kids loved it, and I didn't have to do anything but put my husband in the car to go fetch it. I made tons and tons of food as I had expected at least 12 guests and got 4, so we have plenty to eat and drink in the coming week. There were some tense moments in the morning when I was sure he was coming down with something bringing back bad memories from last year's soiree, but he held off and didn't start the snotting until after the party fun.


This evening Jacob and I need to go out and buy the poor birthday boy some birthday gifts. No, still haven't gotten a gift. It's hard to get into the gifting frame of mind again so soon after the holidays. I really feel sorry for those kids whose birthdays are even closer to Christmas. I imagine they really get gipped because I did seriously think about getting him nothing since he has plenty of new things, but I can't do that. That's just not fair. What do you get a two year old who has everything?

7 comments:

Sadie said...

I am really liking the new template!

He is so cute with his little cake-covered face. I'm glad you had a good party, the cake looks great to me!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

They cake looks terrific and it looks like Adam truly enjoyed it:) I love his sweet, cake covered face. I understand about the presents too. My sons 5th birthday party is on the 3rd (actual b-day Feb. 5th) and I just keep telling people to please get him something very small. The smaller the better. We have so much stuff from Christmas I don't know where to put anything else.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Love the frosting face. That stinks about lots of cancellations... I agree. It's hard to buy for the kid who has a birthday so close to Christmas. Justin's is Feb 15, and it's still a bit hard. The ONE good thing, as they get older, is that they can ask for whatever they didn't get for Christmas, for their birthday!

Shane H. said...

What a precious picture with the cake all over his face. It looks like he sure enjoyed himself. I know what you mean about b-day gifts so close to Christmas. My b-day is Jan.14th and my parents felt the same way about gifts. Are they really necessary so close to Christmas? Of course they are from a child's point of view! Enjoy your last day with your "baby" and get ready for the terrible two's!

Lori said...

How CUTE! I am SO feeling your pain about birthday gifts so close to Christmas! Colin's b-day is the 8th.

((hugs)) and good luck at the pedi appointment. I hope they don't try to scare the crap out of you like mine did!

I'm so glad the party went well, and leftovers are a good thing!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow 2 years old can be a big change. Honestly, he looks like he could pass for four. Glad he didn't come down with the birthday blues like last year. Happy Birthday little guy. Mommy should buy you a washrag for your birthday gift. lol. Just kidding!

Michelle said...

looks like he was enjoying that cake! and what a great looking cake that is too!