Sunday, March 26, 2006

100 Things about Me

1. My name is Andria, like Andrea, but spelled with an i.
2. I have been married almost 7 years.
3. My husband was a friend of my sister, that is how we met.
4. My first son was born eight weeks prematurely.
5. My second son was full term.
6. I had c-sections with both kids.
7. I was born in Texas, but moved to West Virginia when I was 15 and loved it there.
8. Six years ago we moved to Texas for my husband's job, 60 miles from where I was born.
9. We moved to Texas to be closer to my parents who had moved to Louisiana.
10. My parents moved back to West Virginia, 2 miles from the home we lived in, five years ago.
11. I miss West Virginia
12. I have one sister who has 2 stepdaughters and 1 daughter.
13. My stepneice passed away 6 months ago.
14. I drive an SUV
15. I have a Labrador Retriever.
16. I named the dog Ezra because it is my favorite boy name.
17. I never thought I would have boys, that is why I gave the dog my favorite name.
18. I wanted my first child to be a girl and was upset when I found out he was a boy.
19. I wanted my second child to be a boy and was happy when I found out he was a boy.
20. It took eighteen months to get pregnant with each child.
21. I have a very close relationship with my mother.
22. I call my mother every morning when I first wake up...I have done this since I went away for college.
23. I went to West Virginia University for seven years.
24. I have a bachelors degree in elementary education.
25. I have a masters degree in special education.
26. I taught second grade until I had my first son.
27. I have a cat named Phoebe.
28. My old high school boyfriend is still one of my best friends.
29. My college boyfriend passed away in a car accident.
30. My college roommate passed away from breast cancer.
31. I am lazy.
32. I am scared to fly in a plane.
33. I get tense when I am around people I do not know.
34. I am shy and have a hard time meeting new people.
35. I had PPD and post traumatic stress disorder after the birth of my first son.
36. I have red hair and I like it.
37. I have never colored my hair.
38. I do not wear make up.
39. I have an addiction to body lotions.
40. I love the smell of Lowes
41. I watch American Idol faithfully, but didn't start until the third season.
42. I have watched Guiding Light since I was in the Eighth Grade.
43. My favorite show is Seinfeld.
44. I lived in the same town as Brad Paisley.
45. I taught at the same school as Brad Paisley's mother.
46. I must smell everything. If I am cooking, I will smell each spice before I put it in, if I pour milk etc. I will smell it before I put it in the glass. I don't know why I do this..my mom pointed it out to me.
47. I had irrational fears that my sons would die of SIDS.
48. I met Clara Harris at a wedding.
49. I hate my neighborhood.
50. I am a Virgo
51. I have a need to be organized, but it's getting harder to do that.
52. I cannot leave the house until all the beds are made.
53. I love beer
54. I like to go to Hooters.
55. I love to cook.
56. I like to work from a list, it makes me feel good to check things off.
57. I will not ride a roller coaster in which my feet dangle for fear of losing my shoes.
58. If I have a burger or a sandwich I always eat half of one half then start on the next half and then go back and finish the rest. I never realized I did this until my husband pointed it out to me last year. I have tried to eat the whole sandwich but I cannot.
59. I bite my fingernails.
60. I lived on the same floor in the same dorm with the same people for four years in college and LOVED it. We were all like family and did everything together. Sadly, I have lost touch with many of them. I want more than anything to introduce those friends to my boys.
61. I lived in Virginia Beach after college and loved it.
62. I left Virginia Beach after four years to move to WV and be with my now husband.
63. My husband and I lived together for 2 years before we got married.
64. I am addicted to sudoko and crossword puzzles.
65. I have to read a book or do a puzzle in bed at night or I cannot fall asleep.
66. I love blue cheese.
67. I love green olives. I didn't eat my first green olive until I was at a football tailgate in college. I was 22.
68. I will not eat fish.
69. I wish I could redo Jacob's baby year.
70. I do not like to drive, I fear traffic.
71. I love carnivals and amusement parks.
72. I love to shop at Target.
73. I love to grocery shop, even with my kids it's a stress reliever for me.
74. I take Jacob to the Day Out with Thomas each year in Austin just so we can eat at the PF Changs across the street.
75. My husband is "thrifty" and it is starting to wear off on me too.
76. I like to scrapbook and I think I am pretty good at it.
77. I would like to take a photography class someday.
78. I love framing and hanging my kids pictures. It's like a boy shrine around here.
79. I am too cheap to buy Tide detergent, although it is my favorite.
80. I would love to have more children but I am too old.
81. I hated being pregnant.
82. I do miss feeling a baby move inside of me though.
83. I must shower and shave my legs everyday.
84. I have bad eyesight...I have worn glasses since the third grade, but I know I needed them sooner. I have 20/400 vision.
85. I like hospital food.
86. I have four really close friends, but none of them live close to me.
87. I truly believe I have the most beautiful boys who ever lived.
88. I didn't even know what blogs were until I googled 17 weeks pregnant 2 summers ago and found someone's blog.
89. I enjoy reading other people's blogs.
90. I am a huge procrastinator.
91. We rode out Hurricane Rita.
92. I wish I lived in the boonies away from neighbors with only trees to see.
93. But I wouldn't want to do that if it meant no DSL, TIVO, or satellite tv.
94. My mom wanted to name me Sarah Denise but my dad hated the name.
95. I was going to name my first child Grace and my second one Rachel if they had been girls.
96. I like to play on the jungle gym and I am glad I have an excuse to do it now.
97. I love being snowed in during a huge blizzard. NO chance of that happening here.
98. My 20th high school reunion is next summer....I doubt I will go.
99. I am happy with my life.
100. I can't think of 100 things about me.

4 comments:

jisa said...

Good blog, nice to be here

Shane H. said...

Wow! 100 things!! I don't think I could come up with that many. Maybe I'll give it a try? I didn't realized you lived in Motown for 7 years. My husband and I lived there for 7 years too. We left in 2003. I too missed being snowed in. No chance of that in SC either.

Sadie said...

I'm gonna be a copycat and do this on my blog, hope that's okay.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lori said...

Andria,
I just found your blog and wanted to say that it seems like you are a long lost sister!! I have two beautiful boys as well, and it's wonderful and crazy at the same time. This was a great idea, and I'd love to borrow it for my blog if that is okay with you.

Your boys are beautiful! So nice to "meet you"! Congrats on your pg and I hope that you get "used" to the idea soon. I know that I'd be a little shocked as well! A happy and healthy 9 months to you! :)