Friday, March 31, 2006

What a Day!

I knew yesterday would be a trying day after the whole shower incident. I think we were all out of sorts. Is it a full moon?

We were late for EVERYTHING and I am usually on time if not early all the time. It was like my clocks had sped up, I was just behind all day. I got Jacob to school while circle time was going on...he was SO ticked at me. They give them a little cup of juice and a snack before class and he had to miss his, he gave me a look that I know I will be seeing for many more years, that "my mama is sooo stupid" look. Adam and I have about an hour to kill in the morning before yoga so we came on home so I could pick up some and you know that didn't happen, Adam cried the entire time, he is just not a cryer, maybe he's teething or something, but it put me on edge. I was so grateful to go to yoga. It's a Mommy and Me class and Adam loves it and I needed the calm at that moment. I got behind crazy people driving 20 mph in a 45 zone and got there late as well! Adam had fallen asleep in the car and I thought he would sleep while I was there. WRONG! He woke up as soon as the class was starting with a second wind and proceeded to dash for the door the entire time. By the end I could tell the yoga instructors were getting pretty ticked off at the disruption and that is a feat, ticking off the calm yoga instructors, but I wasn't leaving. I paid for that class. I went after class to pick up Jacob and noticed he wasn't dressed the way he had left home, turns out he pooped his pants AND the teacher needed to come out and inform me of that in front of all those snooty women....see them all back away 3 feet further. I hate coming home with the baggie of shame. Fast forward to dinner time, I have nothing planned so I start grilled cheese and tomato soup, Jacob's favorite. I am standing there in a funk watching cheese melt when Jacob runs in crying and pointing. I look over and Adam is standing there with a blue face, no biggie I think, until Jacob holds up the marker which is missing the tip. ADAM ATE THE MARKER TIP! I proceed to freak out, scaring the little ones, but finally get a hold of myself long enough to call poison control. FYI: markers are non-toxic, the tip is fleshy and will dissolve in his digestive systems, he will have psychedelic poop for a few days. OH, and I burned the grilled cheese.

Today is starting out a little better, Adam slept late and Jacob is dressed and has made his bed already. I am hoping for a break in the weather, I think all this rain is making us stir crazy. I haven't been this glad to see a Friday since nickel beer night at the Dungeon in college. TGIF!!!

****If anyone out there watches Lost, please tell me what happened on Wednesday's episode. To top off my day I went to find my stupid TIVO didn't record it even though it has been on season pass for 2 YEARS!

No comments: