Thursday, March 30, 2006

As heard from the shower....

I have mentioned before that I am legally blind without corrections. I take a shower in a fuzzy haze every morning. This was good and fine when I could strap Adam into the swing and go about my business. Now he can climb out of the swing so it is just safer to close the bedroom door and let him goof around in there while I shower as quickly as possible. As I am soaping my hair I hear "No cat, no cat, damn cat ( yeah I swear, it rubs off on little ones, note to self...no more swearing ) and then some screaming, Jacob's screaming but I can't be totally sure there isn't
Adam screaming as well as cat screaming, after all there is water in my ears. I picture my kids getting mauled by my typically sweet cat, who just happens to hate Jacob with a vengence. So what would you do? I tear out of that shower, butt naked and soap dripping, to check on my kids, blind as a bat I might add. I yell "Where is the cat? What is she doing to you?" while actually feeling the floor on my hands and knees before my oldest brought me my glasses ( he knows Mama's glasses deal, has learned to watch forbidden shows while the sound is turned down while I am still in bed and also bring up snacks and eat them inches from me if I don't have my glasses on.) Once I come back to the land of the seeing I find nothing, just two stunned kids. Jacob informs me that the cat is in the closet (her home). I start checking him over for bloody stumps while he brings me a towel. I ask him again what was wrong with the cat, what was she doing? He says to me, confused like, " I said TAG, the tag in my underpants is itching me crazy!" It's going to be a GREAT day!

No comments: