Friday, March 03, 2006

The Last Day.....


This is the last day that Jacob will be four. We make a big deal of it and do fun things each year since the big day is usually so busy and we tend to spend it with friends. It is a nice tradition. Today Derick will be coming home early from work and we will all be heading to Jacob's favorite park, then do some bowling, and top it off with ice cream all before dinner. My sister called at the crack of dawn this morning to wish him a happy birthday....she honestly thought his birthday was March 3. This would probably upset some people and I guess it should upset me more, but to know my sister this is typical. Jacob liked that she was calling to give him last day of four wishes so it all worked out. Abigail's birthday is the 12th, I think I will call on the 10th just for fun.

I think I have 12 kids coming to the party. Three moms from school actually did call last week to RSVP, two more called to say they were not coming and nine of them just completely blew me off. One mom caught me as I was getting Adam out of the car yesterday afternoon (totally snuck up and made me jump). First of all she wanted to know if I was Jacob's mom. It took all I had not to say "No, I am just some crazy lady who takes him home every day" anyway, I was nice. She says "You know, my boy REALLY wants to come to Jacob's party, he asks everyday, but we have ball practice at 3:30 (the time the party is over) could it be possible for us to come if it rains?" UH, thanks for letting me know we were your second choice, really makes a girl feel good. I wanted to say, "hell no bitch, what are you thinking?" but of course I am nice for the sake of son (or maybe because I hate scenes and confrontation) and say "why of course" I am a sap. I did let her know that I had to tell the TRU my final count MONDAY and she would have to call me ahead of time so I can call them, but truly, even if it rains I doubt I see them. I found the whole encounter really odd. Of course, I find it more odd that most of them didn't even give me the time of day to let me know one way or the other. I will freak out if more than 12 kids show.

I really wanted to post some of Jacob's sweet baby pictures but we did not buy a digital camera until he was five months old, what were we thinking? Maybe by his sixth birthday (jeez, I can barely write that) I will figure out my scanner and get some baby prints posted. Here he is at 11 weeks old.

No comments: