Sunday, March 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Jacob!



The party was a success! I am SO glad we did it there! We probably would have spent about the same having it here so I would do it again in a heartbeat. We ended up with 12 kids coming and 2 of his school friends brought siblings so I was nice and included them as well even if it did cost me 32 extra bucks. The school moms barely spoke to me, huddled up with each other and one of them was downright rude. She showed late with her kid AND his brother immediately plopped them down and found a spot in the corner and dug out the cell phone and that was how she stayed for an hour and a half. Never once did she interact with any of us, or her kids, although I tried repeatedly to inform her of the pizza and pop available. Towards the end she and the kids went barreling out the door and I thought they had left but turns out boy M has a stomach virus and is puking in the restroom. She came back to inform of that little tidbit before they took off. THANKS, nice little parting gift for the rest of us. BUT, Jacob loved every minute of it. They colored wooden trains, got their faces painted and arms tattooed, had pizza and icees and cake, and scrambled on the jungle gym. The party ladies did a WONDERFUL job with all of them and even the most timid of the bunch took to them and partied the whole time. Geoffery the giraffe showed at the end with a cool shirt for Jacob and I think that was his favorite part. He was excited to have all his friends there, I don't think he even realized that most of his class wasn't there. Adam got passed around the entire afternoon, but he didnt' seem to mind. Someone was always giving him cake or pizza so no stranger anxiety then. I cried when they sang Happy Birthday and when he blew out his candles (which took him a long time, there were so many of them!) and when he stood up after opening the gifts to thank everybody for the gifts and for coming to his party, I am sure prompted by the party lady, but nonetheless very grown up of him. I was happy to be surrounded by the few friends we have made here in this town who always come out to support my kids on their big days. I made it through five, only 364 more days until six....oh my.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday! 5 seems so BIG! My Jacob will be 3 in June and that seems so old to me. It goes by way too fast!