Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Is the weekend over already?


Went to the lake this weekend......I LOVE going to the lake. I hate getting packed to go there, the three hour drive there, cleaning up to leave there, the three hour drive home, and the unpacking but while I am there I love it. I would live there if I could. The place has a huge yard and few neighbors and is just so quiet and peaceful. I have finally figured out that I am a country girl. I spent most of my life trying to get away from it, but nope, that's who I am. My parents built a nice home up there about eight years ago, a place to retire to and since they are back in WV it's up to us, usually, to go up and make sure things are ship shape. I am a country girl as long as there is a shower and a toilet. Derick pitched the tent in the yard thinking they would "camp out". We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows (drank beer)and sang songs by the campfire. It was a lot of fun until it got dark and Jacob got scared and Adam started screaming because we wouldn't let him put his feet in the fire, so we camped just the way I like it....did the fun stuff outdoors and went inside for a bath and bedtime!

My friend, Erin, came over on Saturday. She wasn't able to come for Jacob's party last week (she rsvp'd) so she wanted to bring her boys to play with him. It was a long drive for her but she did it to make my boy happy. I was so touched. Jacob was so suprised and happy to see his best bud Evan. They had a blast. I so enjoyed watching them play like big boys. Erin and I have been friends since seventh grade, so long ago I can't even do the math in my head. We used to go to the lake together as children and now we are the parents refereeing squabbles and fixing dinner plates...so weird. We stayed up really late talking, the first time we have been able to do that in 20 years; I still feel 14 when we are together. I am thrilled that our boys are good friends as well and hope that their friendship will last....can't wait until Zane and Adam can play like that.

Now it is back to the daily grind.....lunches to make, clothes to wash, floors to mop....the list goes on. I have a new plan of attack though: have you seen this? I hope this will finally be the answer to a clean house!

1 comment:

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.