Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March 1


Jacob will only be four for 3 more days. This makes me a little sad. The kid's birthdays are bittersweet for me. We all have a great time and it is wonderful to see how much they have grown in a year's time, but at the same time they just keep getting older. I look forward to the new stages, but I miss the old ones. Every year since Jacob came along March 1 is kind of a weird day for me. He was born on March 4, it just sneaks up on you what with February being a short month...I find myself kind of putting off thoughts of another year older then all of sudden it's March and I better face it quick it's coming. I think this year might be harder than the previous ones, he is FIVE, that is one whole hand AND he starts school next year! I can't believe this same teeny baby is the same one now sitting here playing with his baby brother, teaching him things, reading to him. I can't believe five years have passed. He was 2 weeks old in this picture, the NICU nurses took it of him.

No comments: