Sunday, June 24, 2007

Elizabeth at Two Months





Two Months!






How can you be two months already?




You are growing so much! When we went to the doctor three weeks ago you weighed nine pounds, four ounces and I know you've grown bigger since then. You are wearing your 0-3 month clothes pretty well now. It's sad to pack up the preemie and newborn things already.


You have lost some of your hair in front so now you have a receding hairline just like Daddy. What's left is black in the back and red on the sides. I can't wait to see what color you actually end up with. I am rooting for red and you will hate it as a child but you'll love it when you grow up. Trust me on this one. Your eyes are a deep blue and seem more blue everyday. You do have a small brown stripe on your bottom right pupil so, who knows, they may end up brown in the end. You look so much like Jacob did as a baby, you even have his spiky hair and the notch in your left ear like him, but you have Adam's monkey toes and long legs.


You are still a screamer. Child, you could wake the dead and call dogs with that high pitched wail. I have never heard anything like it. You definitely like things your way. We must not lay you down anywhere ever. You must be in our arms or slung across our bodies at all times. You hate the stroller, the car seat, and the crib, but you will sometimes tolerate the swing for a very short time. A very short time. We are so looking forward to the day your happy outweighs your sad. You're working on it, I know it's hard.


At about six weeks old, the doctor prescribed prevacid for your colic and reflux. You hate to take it, but it does seem to have helped some. You are easier to burp and have quit the across-the-room spit ups since taking it.



We have found the secret formula to help you sleep: swaddling. We tried it early on and you would whip those legs and arms out of that blanket faster than we could tie it up, but thanks to the miracle blanket, you calm more easily and conk out quickly and stay asleep for three hours at a time. All hail the miracle blanket. You hate the process of being wrapped up, but once there you are in hog heaven. Dr. Karp is a genius.



You smile! And coo! I can't get enough of your sweet face when you are happy. I even play with you at 3:30 a.m. because I don't want to miss a minute of it. Yes, you like to be awake in the wee hours of the morning. I guess I can't blame you as I'm sure you have no sense of time, but it will be nice when you figure out that dark means sleep. I can't complain, though, as you do sleep pretty solid from 9:00 until 3:00, only waking once, usually around midnight, to nurse. It's been nice having you in bed with me. I missed you so far away in that crib.


Your brother still adores you and you have begun to take notice of him as well. You are so happy to see him when he wakes up in the morning and he is just so delighted to see you smile at him. I cannot wait until the two of you can sit and play the matchbox cars he brings you all day, even if that does mean you'll have to grow up a little more.


Nine weeks old and counting.....it's like you've been with us forever, yet like you just got here all at the same time. We love you Sister.

4 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Awww. Sweet. I hear ya on the speedy growth. And Corinne was 9 lb 5 oz at BIRTH. She was a swaddled baby from day one. I "tied her up" as I called it every night and naptime. Without it, she'd flail and scream. With it, out like a light. Good luck with that process of becoming a normal sleeper!

Amie said...

She just keeps getting cuter :D Happy 2 months Elizabeth!

The swaddling works for Sadie too.

Jennifer said...

Swaddling is a dream, isn't it!

This was a great post. I understood every single word.

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

She's just beautiful. What a sweetheart!