Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Happiest Baby on The Block

The secret to making your baby the happiest baby on the block isn't the five s's after all. Poke her with a sharp metal stick four times and make her chug down some sweet concoction. Vaccinations people, that's where it's at!

Seriously, what is up with that? Elizabeth has been as jolly as a circus clown since going to the doctor yesterday. I think I actually heard her laugh today. It's been smiles and coos and big sweet eyes all day long except when she was napping......in her crib! She looks the same, but I swear, that isn't my child. Do you believe in alien abduction?

Honestly, I am beginning to think it may be the infant tylenol and that kind of worries me. I love the sudden happiness, but what if my poor girl is in pain EVERY DAY from something we don't know anything about? How stupid would I look asking my doctor to check my child because she's happy?

Or maybe she's just at that age where the colic mysteriously disappears......

Either way, we are loving the happy Elizabeth. We loved the grumpy one, but damn, laughing beats crying any day.

And did I mention she's sleeping in her crib? With her ticker? Alone? Yeah, I don't need to be blogging with you guys, I need to find my husband while I have these free arms. Opportunities like this don't roll around often in this crowded house.

4 comments:

Lori said...

WOW!! That's awesome that she's happy, but I totally get where you're coming from. I would feel the same way about the sudden change in disposition. I say watch her and see how she's doing when the tylenol wears off...then you'll know. Hopefully she's just "done" with the colic!! :)

Thanks for singing Happy Birthday! I'm having a great time at my expensive dinner and loving my cosmo right now! :) lol!

JNas said...

Ha Ha I hear you on the crowded house situation!! I'm glad Elizabeth is a happy girl!!

Lynanne said...

Funny...my son has been grouchy every since his vaccinations. Do you suppose they've been emailing each other when we're not watching? Not that I blame him - she is a cutie after all :)

Miss Hope said...

I believe kids were invented to make adults feel stupid on a regular basis.

At least that's why mine are here.


And all three took an unexpected nap yesterday afternoon. Yeah.