Saturday, February 03, 2007

Of Course!

Can you believe I got a speeding ticket?

Yes, I truly did get a speeding ticket. DAMMIT! I am so pissed at myself because I should have known better. Of course, the cops would be out in droves because it was the first dry day we'd had in weeks. The ass of a cop, and yes, he was pretty assy about the whole thing, said he clocked me going 50 in a 30, but I know I wasn't. I MIGHT have been going 42ish because I don't really understand why in hell we need to be driving 30 on a major through street through town. I can drive faster in my own neighborhood. I guess I should have begged for that brass doodad caller cop was selling.

The kicker......I can't just mail a check in and have it over with. Oh no. I have to CALL the damn police department next week so THEY can tell me what I need to do. The effing irony.




Coming tomorrow........how fabric softener ruins shoes and other funny stories.

5 comments:

Shane H. said...

That is just too ironic! Know what actually works for my hubby? While reaching into the glovebox and then handing him the "license and registration," he shakes his hand as if he's soooo nervous! I've witnessed this and it works!! Just an FYI for future reference.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, I'm sorry I'm laughing. Speeding tickets suck. And OH, the irony!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

My hubby got one a few weeks ago. $104.00. We had to call too. I was so p.o.'d. As if I have $104.00 just lying around. Very ironic and I'm sorry you got the ticket.

OneHungMan said...

That sucks.

Lori said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am so sorry!!! Looks like one of the local police must read your blog. What's up with you having to call them?? That's BS.