Friday, February 09, 2007



So after seeing all the neat things Amie's kids were doing each week in their art lessons, I could hold out no longer and purchased this book. Jacob gets absolutely NO art time in school and since he enjoys it so much I thought it would be nice for us to do some in the afternoons and since my creative bone is a bit short, this book really helps out. It is full of art projects based around a story and a theme and this week we have started The Gingerbread Boy and a unit about art in the kitchen. Aside from many spills and running out of flour at the last minute, Jacob made some play dough and did a pretty good job with it. After it cooled, he used the dough to show the characters in the story and act it out and Adam just had a good time squishing it.



Next week....bread sculptures, macaroni necklaces, and gingerbread!

9 comments:

Lynsey said...

Looks like fun!!! I am not creative either so maybe I should invest in that book...

The baby is doing great, thank you for asking! Looks like I will soon be the proud Mom of a bouncing baby BOY myself! I cannot wait!!!

OneHungMan said...

Is it OneHung's imagination or does Jacob almost always have a bit of a squint in his eyes when getting his picture taken...and of course that smile.

andria said...

OH,

Jacob always anticipates the flash. We don't get many good pictures of him for that reason unless they are taken outside without it.

It's very aggravating.

Shane H. said...

Sounds like fun! What book is it? The link in the post isn't working.

Lori said...

VERY cool activity Andria! We might just have to look in to that book too. I'm realizing that I'm losing time with Colin and I really want to create some fun memories between now and the time he starts school....

andria said...

Shane,

I fixed the link. Beta adds some characters to my links for some reason. It is a K level book, Amie is doing the 1st grade level with her kids. I bought that one also.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

You go girl! Don't you feel like just an awesome mom when you get all creative and messy? I am so proud of myself. My kids painted 2 days in a row. I rock.

Amie said...

Looks like the K one is just as cool as the 1st grade. The boys look like they enjoyed their project :D

maybetomorrow said...

Great pics, your boys are so cute...I remember the boy spending many hours with playdoh at our house...if you mix a some cornstarch with water it makes this really cool stuff we called "goop" - was a great sensory activity when the boy was younger...