Since we have one month down in the new (relatively) year, I thought I would revisit my resolutions and see how that is working out for me....
1. Eating more vegetables and less sugar.......well, we had eggplant last week. And cabbage. I am trying a new recipe each week, but I wouldn't say all of them were healthy. I didn't completely dog it, but I could do better.
2. Spending more time with Jacob....I think I really have done better with this. We have done something at least once a week if not more. Of course, Adam usually tags along, but he doesn't seem to mind. I have also started supplementing his schooling in the afternoons with daily social studies, art, and writing lessons. I thought he really wouldn't like that, but if I don't do one each day, he calls me on it. Two thumbs up for me here.
3. Organizing the house.......well, I started with a fury and got the master bedroom, bathroom, Jacob's room, living room, and most of the kitchen purged and sparkling clean. After that I lost momentum and now I have a hard time bending down, standing for long periods, or breathing well for that matter. I still have no room whatsoever for this new baby, no place for it or it's stuff so I need to find the energy to at least do Adam's room and finish Jacob's closet. The toy room and computer room will just have to wait, like, until number three is walking.
4. Finding a friend.....well, not so much. But I've been here seven years with no results, doubt I can do that in a month....I have all year.
5. Moving......Well, we did go look at that nice neighborhood in the north part of town and we still talk about how in hell we would be able to afford it. It's a start.
6. Am I more glad than mad? ......sometimes. That one really depends on the amount of sleep I get, which isn't much lately. I think I did really well yesterday when Adam continued to rip his diaper off and take huge diarrhea shits on the floor (Thank you God for tile floor) and I didn't damage his psyche by screaming obscenities and duct taping that diaper to him like I seriously thought about doing....especially around the fourth time.
7. Tubes tied and swearing.....well, those will come in time. But again, if I didn't say the f word after all that poop yesterday, I am doing pretty good.
Day One Hundred Eighty-Six
23 hours ago