Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday Tidbits

I am officially baked. I don't think I have anymore room in my body to gestate baby. I am almost 35 weeks....let's get this party started. Of course, I start to panic when I think about dealing with three children every day, but I would really like to breath again and maybe roll over in bed without pain. My c-section is scheduled for April 19, only three more weeks.

Last night the husband took the kids outside and I settled into my new Shabby Chic sheets ready to watch How I Met Your Mother (which wasn't a rerun) and New Christine. I was looking forward to it. Turned on the tube and our CBS station had two Frasier episodes playing instead with a little note scrolling across the screen saying that the two shows I was looking for would be shown at like 2 in the morning. WTF? Our tv stations here do that all the time and I have never figured out why. Asses. Yeah, good thing I have tivo, but I am sure it will be erased before I ever get around to watching it, and what do the poor folks who don't have tivo do? That kind of crap is just ridiculous. Another reason I hate Houston.

The penny you ask? You're all thinking it was Adam aren't you? Nope, guess again. My SIX year old swallowed a penny. Of course, we've been waiting for something like this to happen as he can't keep things out of his mouth. I mean, he licks poles when we pass them, he is so gross that way. Anyway, he found two pennies out in the street that day and I had told him to put them in his bank so his brother wouldn't find them and swallow them. I should have led him there and watched him do it. Instead he bathed them in his mouth most all afternoon and at one point did his usual acrobatic couch flip (which gets him in trouble everytime) and as he slammed back onto his back those pennies went for the intestines. The look on his face was absolutely priceless. He ran upstairs and I heard wretching, first thinking he still had that stomach bug, but he ran down crying a few seconds later asking me how he could make himself throw up and I knew. My first instinct was to go for the ipecac but good old google steered me away from that and after a call to the pediatrician we were steered away from the ER as well. I kind of wanted to go to the ER to scare the hell out of him, hoping to teach him a lesson, but it was a Friday evening and that couldn't have gone well. I have no idea if he passed those pennies or not. I was not about to dig through his poop all weekend, I just couldn't do it. I just assume it's gone and hope for the best. Of course, I caught him yesterday with some paperclips, some tiny plastic army men guns, and marker tops all in his mouth, so it's just a matter of time before he does it again.

Any guesses on what the baby might be? Care to guess what it's name will be? I am thinking about giving out a prize for anyone who guesses correctly. I still have tons of garage sale junk I could mail away.

Adam is now saying Eza. That's our dog, Ezra. He also says "ding, ding, ding, ding, ding" over and over. Jacob taught it to him. I have no idea why, but that's about all he'll say. I still haven't called the speech people, trying to get through this ADD mess with Jacob first. One medical crisis at a time please.

I made some three chocolate cookies last week. Even the burnt ones were good. They are very much bad for you with all the butter and shortening and all, but you know what they say....everything in moderation. I am going to post it on my recipe blog when I find the time. I highly recommend them.

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Sadie said...

Um...

It's a girl, and you're gonna name her Sydney.

I haven't watched HIMYM yet, did it have something "offensive" in it or something?

Lynsey said...

I am going to guess and say you're having a girl, and that you're going to name her Alexandra, Alex for short. April 19th? Woo hoo! Not that far away! Now that I'm pregnant, I feel your pain and cannot wait until June 27th! By the way, How I Met Your Mother was hysterical lastnight, hope you get to watch it eventually!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Well, I am almost always wrong. In fact, whenever I really get a feeling about somebody, I am eerily consistent on how wrong I am.

That said, I have this strange picture of you with 3 boys.
His name will be Cameron.

Nuf said.

Miss Hope said...

Would need to see a picture before I ventured a guess. Just wanted to say the end is in sight! Hang in there and get as much work out of that hubby that you can. Wring every single drop out of him.

Brooke (CrazyRN) said...

I so remember what you are feeling right now, even though it's been over 6 years for me personally. Although I work in L&D, so I get to talk to people almost daily who just want that baby OUT!!! Not too much longer though!! Since you have 2 adorable sons, I'll cross my fingers that this one is a girl!

I'm LOL at the penny. My oldest daughter has ADD and I'm surprised I have any hair left. Gotta love 'em huh!!

Shane H. said...

Well, not quite sure of the gender but I know the names.........
Boy: Payton (or Peyton if you prefer)
Girl: Grace/Gracie

By the way, don't blame you about not digging through the poo for 3 days. I wouldn't have gone there either.

JNas said...

Andria...I used to blog under dirty south six pack, I deleted my profile about a year ago due to some weirdo's on my page. But I have still been following your blog. Congrats on the new baby on the way! I finally started blogging again, I'm now at thesixpack.wordpress.com! I hope you remember me I think you were my first blogger on my other page!!