Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ugh....

We've had the creepy, crawly stomach bug here at our house the past few days. Nothing like being eight months pregnant trying to stoop down and puke your guts up. Or worse, clean up someone elses. The Daddy got it first and actually missed a day of work which means, holy crap, he must be ready to call funeral homes because that never happens. Jacob got it later that same afternoon and went to bed at 6 pm and Adam and I got it yesterday, just in time for Daddy to go back to work. Thank goodness Jacob is a big six year old kid who can be bribed with television and new toys because he was completely ignored yesterday. I think we are all on the mend now, but the house has suffered. It's amazing what will happen to the home when Mommy doesn't pick up for 24 hours. It might be easier to run away and start anew.


I am officially sick of being pregnant. I cannot breathe, I cannot eat, I cannot sleep, and I pee every 45 minutes, day and night. Aside from the 20 weeks of morning sickness hell, this has been the easiest pregnancy I have had until now. I have a foot in my ribs and a head on my hip bone and sometimes I can see little toes (or maybe knuckles) running across my side. I find it all very miraculous, but it's starting to hurt and I think it's scaring my kids. Only five more weeks to go.


Speaking of babies......I took the boys with me the other morning to preregister at the hospital. I don't really know why we have to do that as we fill out the same dang papers and answer the same dang questions when I'm admitted for the birth, but whatever, I did what I was told. It actually started out well. They got me set up in ten minutes (a record), we had breakfast in the cafeteria (I love hospital food!) and then ventured up to see the babes. Jacob was really excited. He loves to hear the story (over and over again) of the day he was born and be shown where he stayed for so long and wave at the nurses who fed him and rocked him when we weren't there. I thought Adam would like seeing the babies BUT he did not. He buried his head in my shoulder and kept shaking his head no. I made the mistake of asking him if he was going to have a baby at his house soon and he cried. Oh, my heart was so broken. HE is my baby. I am not ready to replace him with another and he, obviously, isn't either. So, we booked it out of there and he was happy, but I cannot wipe his tears out of my mind. WHAT am I going to do with TWO babies? Oh my, I hope this won't turn him into some sort of jealous serial killer one day. I assume I should start saving for therapy now, huh?


Jacob lost another tooth. The second one that came in was the second one to fall out. He was so excited about it, I couldn't get him to put it down and, dontcha know, he lost it somewhere. I am mean, but I feel vindicated, because I told him to put that stupid thing up, but would he listen? Hell no, he is a male after all. So, guess what I get to do the rest of the day?





5 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sorry you guys have been sick...and the worst kind of sick to boot..ick! It's good to hear that everyone is on the mend.

Ewww...the tears would have killed me too. Just know that all of you will adjust. This baby is meant to be and a few months after he/she is born, you won't remember it being any different.

Not much longer!! That is so hard to believe!

Lynsey said...

OMG I didn't realize you were 8 months along already! You must be feeling so many different emotions...poor little Adam, sounds like he's not ready to give up his position as "baby" just yet either. I'm sure you'll all adjust well. And I hear ya on the "being sick of being pregnant..." It gets old after so many months!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Hope you are all feeling better !!! Nothing worse than being preggers with the stomache flu :(

Miss Hope said...

I had the stomach virus when close to delivery with my last kid. I think labor and delivery were way easier. Gives me the shudders just thinking about it now.

Hope you all feel better soon! Won't be long and you'll be able to get those toes out of your ribs!

Shane H. said...

We had that stinking bug for a week! Yuck!! Hope you're all doing better. Here's to hoping the next five weeks fly by for ya too!