Sadie tagged me to list seven songs or albums (do they call them that anymore?) I have listened to recently. I, sadly, am sinking deeper and deeper into music oblivion much as my parents did. Yes, I am an old fogie like they were listening to my old stuff and having no idea what that "crap" is on the radio. It's a shame really. I remember making so much fun of my mom for not knowing who Foreigner was.....it all comes back to bite you in the ass in the end. But anyway.....
I do have and know what an Ipod is, so that is where most of my tunes come from:
1. Goodbye Stranger by: Supertramp Yep, takes me back to the fifth grade. I heart Supertramp.....Goodbye Stranger, it's been nice, hope you find your paradise.......
2. Just Like Heaven by: The Cure My favorite song of all time.
3. The Police The Singles Here's an album. Have this in the disc changer and I like to listen to it while I cook dinner. Jacob especially likes Roxanne. I really need to catch him on videotape singing his rendition....it's hysterical. Do you think it's wrong that I let my son sing about a hooker?
4. The Best of Van Morrison This one's in the disc changer too. I always dig it out when spring rolls around, reminds me of those warm days in college hanging out at the lake I guess.
5. Cars Soundtrack Sometimes we listen to this in the car on the way to school. Jacob loves it. I can tolerate it because Brad Paisley has some tunes on it.
6. That Bob Marley CD everyone has I don't even know the name of it, it was on every juke box at every bar in college, you know the one. I don't think I still have the case to it. It pretty much stays in my disc changer. Sometimes Bob is the only thing that can help you on a stressful day.
7. Think of Laura by: Christopher Cross Jacob likes it. He misses Laura. The totally weird thing about this song is that it is the whole reason her mother wanted her named Laura when she was born. How eerie that it's about a girl who died too young?
I have tons of tunes on the IPod and tons and tons of CDs, more than I really need, but she only asked for seven.......if you are reading this consider yourself tagged if you like music. I know OneHung does.
One Hung tagged me for this little ditty......
1. Go to Wikipedia and type your birth month and day (not year)
2. List three events from that day
3. List two important births and one death
4. List one holiday or observance
5. Tag five others
So, here goes:
1. In 1881, Chester A. Arthur was inaugurated as the 21st president of the United States.
2. In 1973, Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in a battle of the sexes match at the Houston Astrodome.
3. In 1998, Cal Ripkin Jr. of the Baltimore Orioles took a day off after playing a record 2,632 consecutive games.
1. Sophia Loren in 1934
2. Duh, me
1. 1973 - Jim Croce
Holiday or Observance:
Feast Day of the Korean Martyrs
Tag Five Others:
Five others who want to play......
And the date was........
Lunch is Served
22 hours ago