Thursday, May 11, 2006

Early Morning Ramblings...

It's going to be a long day....

I totally missed American Idol last night because I was at a baby shower! You know I totally thought about skipping it because we tivo Lost and my dear husband REFUSED to just go upstairs and catch the last five minutes to let me know who got canned, BUT I figured it was Elliott's turn to go and it would be pretty uneventful. WOW, the internet is buzzing this morning about CHRIS getting the boot! I bet that will be the leading story on the Today show this morning. OH, are soldiers being killed in Iraq? We don't know because American Idol was on last night. I still love the Today show...it has gotten me through many a rough morning. I see Matt Lauer in my dreams and he comforts me. What WILL I do when Katie deserts me? Oh, wait....

It's early, I am getting sidetracked here..that baby shower got me all confused since I MISSED my usual Wednesday night veg/knit in front of the tube. I hate baby showers....all those people letting me know that I should get pregnant too, so I can have a girl, as if the two I have don't count. Why did I go to that thing?

Anyway.....my friend back home and I "chat" about AI each week and we both agreed yesterday that Chris was going home. They send the favorite home about this time, remember Constantine, LaToya? Chris has a contract deal probably all sewn up and this way AI can market two singers. The bad news here is that they are left with not so great singers. Katherine caves under pressure, Elliott has a nervous vibe going on, and Taylor, well, he's Taylor. Only three more weeks.....



It's the Daddy's birthday today. I tried to talk him into skipping work today and hanging out with us, but he looked at me like I had grown a second head. I always took my birthday off when I worked, I mean it's your day isn't it? Of course, maybe spending all day with two rambunctious, loud children isn't his idea of good birthday fun and they are probably taking him out for lunch anyway, so yeah, I see where we are possibly getting dissed here. Oh well, gives me more time to find a birthday gift, birthday card, and birthday cake. He gave me a laptop computer for Mother's Day so I have to find something of equal goodness, don't think that leaf blower I got really says Happy Birthday now. He ALWAYS gives me my Mother's Day gift a week early and I am beginning to wonder if it's so I will gauge his gift appropriately.

They are having a Mother's Day luncheon at Jacob's school today. I can't wait to sit down and break bread among those other lovely mommies. Would it be rude to bring my knitting so I won't have to sit there being so obviously friendless and alone? Yeah, thought so. I guess I will just have to smother my babe with love and kindness so he never leaves my side. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN! Wish me luck!

No comments: