Friday, May 26, 2006

Time Sure Flies....

I am stealing this from Shane.


Twenty Years Ago I was attending my junior prom with my then boyfriend, Jeff. It didn't go quite as I had planned, turns out the week before he "had relations" with a skanky freshman girl and I was heartbroken. I thought I would love Jeff forever. We went our separate ways after that night only to meet up again in college three years later where we became the best of friends. I know ya'll are jealous of that purple dress....



Ten Years Ago I was just returning from the Bahamas with my then boyfriend (looks familiar doesn't he?). I was living in Virginia Beach at the time teaching an LD class but had just received a transfer to my dream job: Third Grade. I had also recently purchased a nice home and bought a new car. If there was a nine years ago, it would say I gave all that up and moved to WV to live in a small apartment and become a substitute teacher...but it got better....



Five Years Ago I was home with a ten week old premature baby and the post-partum depression was just starting to sink in. I blamed myself for Jacob's early birth and the incessant all day crying had frayed my last nerve. I loved my son so much. I was happy and unhappy at the same time and it was the worst feeling.....but that got better, too.....



Three Years Ago

I met my neice, Abigail, for the first time. Jacob was smack dab in the middle of the terrible twos and I was pulling my hair out daily. I also, apparently thought a perm was a really good idea.






One Year Ago I was the mom to TWO boys, who would've thunk? I was basking in the glow of motherhood and loving it this time around. Adam's birth and babyhood was a complete turnaround from Jacob's. Maybe it was having the extra four year old help around or those vitamins Tom Cruise gave me, but there was a world of difference. My little baby became a big brother and he was SO good at it! It was also this weekend that Laura went to live in St. Louis to wait for her transplant. We didn't go to Florida to "celebrate" because we had just returned from WV and didn't want to make the ten hour drive. We had no idea what was coming.


So Far This Year....I have watched my big baby turn five and finish preschool. I have watched my little baby learn to walk, climb, and sign.


Yesterday....I played in the backyard with my boys

Today...I am tying up loose ends, cleaning the house, paying bills, packing in preparation for our long trip.

Tomorrow I Will...be travelling to Memphis to spend the long weekend with friends. On the way we will meet my 83 year old uncle in Arkansas for lunch and I cannot wait to give him a big hug and watch him love on my boys.

In the Next Year...I will see my big baby start kindergarten.

In the Next Minute....I will fix my kids some breakfast and sit down to watch Charlie and Lola. Nothing like a little procrastination to start your day.

3 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I may have to steal as well. But I definitely don't have pics on the computer from that long ago!

kelly jeanie said...

Neat post! Love the dress. :) That was in 1986? Wow, I'm really impressed. I bet everyone else at the prom had huge hair, but you look really classy.

Have fun on your trip and with your uncle!

Shane H. said...

Andria, love the pictures. What a nice touch. I wish I had pictures from that long ago scanned and in my computer. Don't worry, I had a purple dress really similar to yours too!