Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Murphy's Law

How to have an exciting trip:

* Catch raging stomach bug two hours away from home. Stop to puke on interstate. Fear for your life as commuters honk at you.
* Arrive at motel destination after midnight, unpack and put to kids to bed, only to be told AFTERWARDS that they do not accept pets and we must vacate premises immediately.
* Drive 65 minutes in opposite direction to finally find motel that will take cat.
* Travel in car to meet father in law and hear backseat wretching. Scrap plans to see in-laws, spend day holed up in stinky motel room with vomiting child.

6 comments:

Shane H. said...

Sorry your trip turned out to be a bust! Better luck next time.

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow! That all sounds terrible. I'm so sorry!

I don't suppose you're in the mood to post a treasure for Tuesday, are you?

I've posted a treasure. Stop by and take a peek. :)

andria said...

I am having trouble seeing my blog posts here. Can yall see them on my front page or the archives? They only show they are publishing to the archives from here. Thanks for your help.

Lynsey said...

Andria,

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your blog! I think it's one of the most heartwarming blogs I have seen yet. I normally don't do the "next blog" thing, but I had some extra time to kill today and was checking other blogs out besides my own. Anyhoo, from one blogger to another, I just wanted to say hello. It sounds like you're quite the Mom to live up to. Your kids are very lucky.

Take care,
Lynsey-- www.lmlotty.blogspot.com

kelly jeanie said...

I saw the earlier one through my RSS feed so I'm not sure if it showed up on the site. I hope the rest of your vacation gets better...it sure can't get any worse! Yikes! I hope that cat appreciates you. Maybe next time try putting a pair of Adam's overalls on the cat and try passing him off as Adam's smaller, hairier twin.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh man! That sucks! Hope he's feeling better. How are YOU feeling?