Friday, May 05, 2006

The Poop Has Hit the Fan

Why do people say "the sh*t is going to hit the fan"? I don't get that. With all the poop in my life, I really should.

***Warning*** if poop stories bother you, read no further.

Anyway.....it has been fun, FUN here the past two days. Adam is loving the whole milk, sucking it down all day long and as a result his *ahem* bodily functions have gone haywire. I was late picking Jacob up from school yesterday because when I went to put Adam in the car I smelled him, and it was bad. I didn't realize how bad until I laid (lay, lain?) him on the carpet and found his legs covered, his clothes covered, then turned around and saw it all over the floor as well. It seemed the more I cleaned, the worse it got and eventually I just went outside and hosed him off. He was not happy about that. I don't think Jacob's teachers were too happy that I was so late either, but since I was the only mama who remembered Teacher Appreciation Week and brought gifts, (Yea! Me) I think they let me off the hook.

I had a MOPS meeting this morning. I really didn't want to go, we were late getting ready, Adam was crabby, yada, yada, yada but in my exuberance upon finding friendly mamas I took on not one, but TWO responsibilities there, so I have to go EVERY time. That's hard for a lazy person like me. Anywho....We all get to talking and they are having a speaker talking about dark points in motherhood, those things that push you to the limit, like say sleep deprivation and sassy attitudes and maybe repeated viewings of this until you go absolutely batty, when I get Adam out of his stroller perch and poop pours out all over me. It's bad enough when it happens to you in your own home, but in front of 20 other women who are waiting for your reaction, that just sucks. Talk about your dark point. Of course, I didn't have extra clothes for him and I had to bum wipes off a friend because the 12 pack I had wouldn't cut it, so we had to leave early. Collective sigh here. Don't feel badly for me, aside from stinking like poop the whole way home, we were able to leave early, I had an excuse to pawn my jobs off on someone else and we had an extra hour of downtime here at home this morning. I am just hoping he can contain the rest of his surprises for the weekend so his daddy can share in the fun.

I won't even go into the dog poop issues, we would be here all day.

1 comment:

kelly jeanie said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Yeah dark point sound about right. Amazing that you kept your cool. MOPS looks neat!