Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My name is Andria.....

And I am an addict.

I am addicted to soda and my mom is my pusher.

It all started after Adam was born. I went without soda while I was pregnant, mainly because of the caffeine but the carbonation didn't help with my digestion then so it was best to go cold turkey and, really, it wasn't that bad. BUT, once the baby was out I was really craving an ice cold coke and after that first taste I was hooked. I had to switch to caffeine free for a while because of the whole breast feeding thing, but it was sooooo nice to have a can of soda whenever I wanted it! It wasn't bad at first, I would buy a six pack at the store each week and ration them out, but you know you have a problem when the cashier at the store asks if you are having a party because you have so many 12 packs in your cart. Since that day in January I have been trying to quit the soda habit. I no longer steer down that aisle and I make sure I don't carry change so vending machines won't be so tempting. I finally got to a point where I could do without and my mom came to town. She is the Queen Mother of the soda drinkers. She showed up with four 12 packs, all different, and parked them on my kitchen counter AND she drove off without the leftovers. I have fallen off the wagon, lured by black cherry vanilla coke and berries and cream dr. peppers. I haven't slept in over a week from the caffeine buzz and my blood sugar is too high. Thanks Mom.

*************************************************************************************
About my other addiction:

I didn't find American Idol all that entertaining last night, could've been the raging migraine, but they all kind of seemed bored, especially for the home stretch when they should have been giving it the final push.
Elliott: I missed his first song, but I liked the second one. He definitely has that Michael Buble thing going.
Paris: GEEZ....she sang Kiss by Prince. I listened to that in college for goodness sakes so I hate her because she made me feel so dang old AND that was a Prince song! It didn't sound good. I missed her second song, you know bathing children and what not.
Chris: AGAIN, my cousin gave me Renegade on a 45 when I was in the fourth grade...I don't need to be remined that he just left the womb that year. He did well though, I think he might win it, but would they let him make that kind of rocker CD? I don't think so.
Katherine: Her first song was horrible, the second one was entertaining. I am still on the fence about her. She seems like a nice girl, but I don't think I like her.
Taylor: Now, he was the icing on the cake. He was born the year I started second grade and he has GRAY hair. Please American Idol people, do not do year they were born night next year. I may end up in therapy as a result. I think he did a really good job with both songs and now that he has their support, he just might make it to the final two. Who do you think is going tonight?

2 comments:

Shane H. said...

I am so with you on the addiction to pop! Vanilla Coke used to be my "drug" of choice. Now that they've stopped making it, I'm back to regular coke. I've tried to kick the habit as well. My family was glad when I fell off the wagon though. They said I was just too grumpy while trying to kick it!

andria said...

THEY QUIT MAKING VANILLA COKE? IT'S MY FAVORITE!